Avalanche awareness and rescue are skills that all backcountry skiers need.
If you have not taken an avalanche course yet, you really should!
Avalanche education is a never ending learning prosess and teach you to be humble. Decisions making in avalanche terrain is difficult and its seldom you get a clear answer. With trip plans, travel techniques, observations and the decision making process you can minimize the risk to a level that is acceptable. We welcome you to join one of the IFMGA certified guides from Northern Alpine Guides in the learning process.
Prices from 3600,- per person.
We can tailor make courses for groups and individuals at all disciplines and levels. Send us an email and we’ll get you set up.
READ MORE ABOUT THE LEVEL 1 AND 2 COURSES ON THE LINKS BELOW.
There are many avalanche courses on the market these days and not all are offering the same product. Please consider the following when choosing an Avalanche Course:
• When choosing your level of course be honest about your skill level. You may have been skiing for 10 or more years in the backcountry but never taken a proper avalanche course or your a beginner. Regardless cutting corners and registering for a Level 2 Course when you have never had a introductory level 1 course will only result in you getting less out of your experience.
• Introductory Courses (level 1) should have clear goals and focus on decision making. There is ALLOT of information to learn in the field of Avalanche Science. With that said Level 1 courses need to focus on giving you the ability to use the information that you learn and base a decision making process around that. This is Key to the success of our program and we focus allot of time on decision making.
• Intermediate Courses (level 2) should not just be spent reviewing material from an Introductory Level course. Our Level 2 course will spend little time reviewing material in a level 1 course and will quickly move into more advanced skills that will be of another skill set than you have learned in your level 1. Each of our courses deal with specific subjects and issues, and which build on one another.
If you need lodging during your stay, Lofoten ski Lodge is the ultimate place to be! We provide packages with lodging and ski guiding. Read more about Lofoten Ski Lodge.
We use first evening inside with theory, the rest of the course is practical instruction outside, traveling in avalanche terrain.
Dates: On request or check out our Fb pages for winter program
Trip Length: 2,5 days.
No previous avalanche skills necessary for the level 1 course. Must be able to travel on skis or spliboard.
Level 1 or similar experience are required for level 2.
Upon registration we will send you a complete equipment list. There should not be any surprises on the equipment list. We will be using standard ski touring equipment and we have a good amount of rental gear available.
3600,- NOK pr person (only course fee) or 7200,- NOK pr person included full board accommodation at Lofoten Ski Lodge and a course fee.
Minimum 4 participants.
Guiding Ratio: max 6:1
Included in Price:
– all course/guide fees and expenses
Not Included in Price:
– personal ski and avalanche equipment/rental available
– transportation to/from Airport
– travel insurance.